Data Protection Policy
The JAF Group (https://www.jaf-group.com/Gesellschaften) is firmly committed to the protection of personal data relating to our potential employees which are captured for administrative purposes. In general, we process data transparently, only for the relevant purposes, confidentially, only for a limited period of time and in a manner allowing these to be rectified at any time.
As a future employee of the JAF Group, specifically JAF Global GmbH, we would like to inform you here about our data processing activities and provide you with a basic understanding of data protection.
1. Personal data: Information, such as your name, address, date of birth, social security number, for example, on the basis of which you are or could be identified as a natural person.
2. Data processing: Procedures, whether manual or automated, such as the identification, capture, organisation, structuring, storage, adjustment or editing, reading, requesting, use, disclosure, distribution or any other form of provision, consolidation or referencing, restriction, erasure (deletion) or the destruction of personal data.
3. Record of processing activities: A systematic list of all procedures based on which every single company within the JAF Group manages personal data.
3. Scope of this policy
This policy extends to cover all the personal data of applicants and every possible use thereof, irrespective of whether orally, electronically or in writing. It is based on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is therefore valid for every single subsidiary (legal entity) within the JAF Group. This policy applies to any application, regardless of the medium of it (by post, by e-mail, by applicant platform, in person).
Your personal data will generally be processed for the purposes defined under Section 5 hereof by the legal entity with which you have or will have a contract of employment. Your personal data may also be processed by other legal entities within the JAF Group, particularly JAF International Services GmbH as central coordination unit for applications.
4. Personal data processed by JAF and recipient categories
We process the following categories of personal data, whereby the extent of this may vary depending on the position of the employee as well as the progress of an application:
1. Data from application documents, as far as indicated by the applicant:
name, gender, address and telephone number, date of birth, marital status, portrait photo, religious affiliation, name and occupation of parents, professional background, expertise, educational background, professional qualifications and qualifications, language skills, attended training courses, Status of residence permit and work permit, nationality and identity card
2. In the further course of an application (when creating a contract):
social security number, bank account details, police certificate of good conduct, driver's license number, vehicle registration and previous traffic offenses
The recipients of these data are primarily employees in the Human Resources department or those individuals assigned to perform HR-related tasks as well as executives and future supervisors of the applicant.
5. Reasons for processing your personal data
During the application process at JAF, your personal data will be processed by JAF for the following purposes (core processes):
1. Evaluation of applications;
2. Retention of the application documents, given your consent
3. Random inspection in the context of audits
6. Lawfulness of processing
The processes described under point 5 are legitimized by the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, by compliance with legal obligations and for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the JAF Group (Article 6 (1) (b), (c) and (f) GDPR).
7. Disclosure, transfer and storage period of personal data
To accomplish the above mentioned purposes data of the job applicants of JAF Global GmbH are disclosed to their potentially future direct supervisors and colleagues as well as the respective administrative staff.
Due to provisions of the Equal Treatment Act, we keep your application documents for 1 year from the rejection of your application.
If you would like the retention of your application after the job opening you applied for is filled in order to be considered for future job openings, we ask you to request this in writing to the contact person of your application. In case of retention, your data will be nevertheless deleted at the latest after 2 years. Of course, you have the right to revoke your consent to retention at any time.
8. Central data processing activities and security measures
The data processing of the core processes is carried out in the JAF Group by central systems in Stockerau and Vienna. Personal data of employees of the JAF Group from other countries who are transferred to Austria are therefore also stored in these locations. The security measures taken by the JAF Group include access and access controls, access controls including authorization concepts for the input and transfer of personal data, checks on the availability of technological systems, including archiving and backup systems and virus protection.
9. Ihre Rechte in Bezug auf Ihre personenbezogene Daten
In addition to the contents of this policy document and the information made available on the intranet, you are also authorised to request additional information in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Article 15 GDPR), request a rectification of your personal data (Article 16 GDPR) or the erasure of these data as far as we are not obliged to store these on legal grounds (Article 17 GDPR). You also have the right to object to the processing (Article 21 GDPR) and/or can request us to disclose the data (Article 20 GDPR) and/or to restrict the processing of your data (Article 18 GDPR).
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint to the Austrian Data Protection Authority, Wickenburggasse 8, 1080 Vienna, telephone: +43 1 52 152-0 or email: email@example.com